The Oregon Seal Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife mobile
» ODFW Home     » Conservation Strategy   » Invasive Species   » Aquatic
About Us Fishing Hunting Viewing License/Regs Conservation Living With Wildlife Education
Elk Head
Event Calendar Follow ODFW
Native fish, wildlife and their habitat

Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention

Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permits are required for:

Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Permit required in Oregon

ALL WATERCRAFT MUST STOP AT AN OPEN WATERCRAFT INSPECTION STATION FOR WATERCRAFT INSPECTION. A watercraft is any size or type of motorized or non-motorized boat (kayak, canoe,  raft, stand up paddle board, surf board, etc.).

2017 Oregon Watercraft Inspection Station Locations (pdf)

Motorized boats

  • Oregon registered motorboat owners do not need to buy a permit; a $5 fee is automatically included in boat registration. Current registration decals are proof of payment.

Paddle craft and other non-motorized vessels 10 feet and over

  • Permits for non-motorized craft (canoe, kayak, drift boat, etc), cost $5 plus a $2 agent fee for a total cost of $7.

About paddle craft permits

  • If a permit is purchased online, print the permit and enclose the permit in a zip-lock bag to protect it from water damage.

  • If you want to purchase a Tyvek tag permit, you can order one from the Marine Board through the mail. (pdf)

Annual Reports



The Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program was established by the Oregon Legislature in an effort to keep Oregon’s lakes, rivers and streams free of destructive invasive species. ODFW and the Oregon State Marine Board manage the program and Oregon State Police and Oregon County Sheriffs handle enforcement of the law.


About Us | Fishing | Hunting | Wildlife Viewing | License / Regs | Conservation | Living with Wildlife | ODFW Outdoors

ODFW Home | Driving Directions | Employee Directory | Social Media | | File Formats | Employee Webmail

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE   ::   Salem, OR 97302   ::    Main Phone (503) 947-6000 or (800) 720-ODFW [6339]

Do you have a question or comment for ODFW? Contact ODFW's Public Service Representative at:
Share your opinion or comments on a Fish and Wildlife Commission issue at

   © ODFW. All rights reserved. This page was last updated: 02/13/2017 10:59 AM