December 05, 2012
Printed synopses delayed until mid-December
SALEM, Ore. – The 2013 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations are now available on-line at the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Website at http://www.dfw.state.or.us/.The new rules take effect Jan. 1, 2013.
The printed synopsis of the regulations will be available in mid-December, about two weeks later than normal due to a printing delay. Once printed, the synopsis will be available at ODFW offices and most places that sell fishing and hunting licenses.
Some of the new regulations for 2013 include:
- Opening of Diamond Lake to year round fishing.
- Establishing winter fishing opportunity on Lemolo Reservoir.
- Reducing the annual sturgeon catch limit to two.
- Restricting the use of bait on the McKenzie River from Hayden Bridge upstream to Hendricks Bridge.
- Increasing the daily bag limit for smallmouth bass on the Umpqua River.
- Adjusting the daily bag limit on Crane Prairie Reservoir to help create a trophy trout fishery.
- Setting largemouth bass bag limits for Wickiup Reservoir.
All the regulation changes for 2013 will appear in blue in both the on-line and printed versions.