May 3, 2013
An April 30 news release stated the Fish and Wildlife Commission will set 2013 ocean salmon and Pacific halibut seasons on May 10.
Fisheries that are scheduled to begin prior to May 10 will, or are, open as proposed open under temporary rules. These include:
- Ocean chinook from Cape Falcon to Humbug Mountain
- Ocean chinook south of Humbug Mountain
- Pacific halibut from Leadbetter Point (WA) to Cape Falcon
- Pacific halibut from Cape Falcon to Humbug Mountain
- Pacific halibut south of Humbug Mountain
The Commission will be asked to affirm these temporary rules at its May meeting.
For a complete description of the 2013 sport ocean salmon and halibut seasons go to the ODFW website. To keep up with in-season regulation changes, anglers are encouraged to visit the Regulation Update page on the ODFW website.