Anglers fishing for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon in the Columbia River and its tributaries will need a Columbia River Basin Endorsement. Learn more about the endorsement, and see the area included in the Columbia River Basin.
- Endorsement is in addition to your license and Combined Angling Tag
- Required for retention and catch-and-release
- Is NOT required when fishing for trout or warmwater species
- Oregon Fish and Wildlife -
Have your previous or current hunting and / or fishing licenses, social security number and credit card information ready and click on the Buy Now button above. This will take you to the secure ODFW online sales license site.
Credit Cards, Fees and Payment
ODFW accepts VISA and MasterCard to pay for your license and related documents. Online license fees are the same as fees paid at an ODFW licensing agent or an ODFW office. An additional $2.00 shipping and handling fee applies to online purchases, except for instant fulfillment items. There is only one fee per transaction, regardless of how many items are purchased.
Note: If you are a Non-U.S. citizen without a driver license or social security number, please call ODFW Licensing at (503) 947-6101 during office hours.
No refund on licensing documents.
What is for sale?
Hunting and Fishing Licenses, Angling Tags, Controlled Hunt Applications, Game Bird Validations and Permits, Hunting Tags, Raffles, ODFW Wildlife Area Parking Permits, and Habitat Conservation Stamps.
See the What's for Sale page for detailed information on what you can buy and how it is delivered.
How will I receive my license, tag or permit?
-Photo by Greg Gillson-
There are three delivery methods for licensing documents: instant, temporary and postal. Delivery depends on what you buy.
- Instant delivery lets you print and use the document immediately.
- Temporary delivery allows you to print and use a temporary document to hunt or fish. Your permanent document will be shipped within 10 days.
- Postal delivery allows you to print a receipt only. It cannot be used to fish or hunt. The document you purchased will be shipped within 10 days.
License documents not received in the mail must be reported to ODFW Licensing, 503-947-6101 during office hours, Mon. to Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
What if I can't wait for postal delivery?
-Oregon Fish and Wildlife -
If you don’t think your documents will arrive in time, do not purchase your license online, instead go to an authorized ODFW POS license agent (pdf) or an ODFW Office that sells licenses.