Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Central Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
- Open for adipose fin-clipped chinook from April 15 through June 30 from the mouth to mainstem confluence with the East Fork, and the West Fork from the confluence with the mainstem upstream to the angling deadline 200 feet downstream of Punchbowl Falls.
- The catch limit is two adult adipose fin-clipped chinook salmon per day, and five adipose fin-clipped jack chinook salmon per day.
- All non-adipose fin-clipped chinook salmon must be released unharmed.
The regulations for Wickiup as they appear in the 2015 Sport Fishing Regulations booklet were formatted incorrectly and this is leading to some confusion. Here, in a clearer format, are the 2015 regulations for the reservoir:
- Open April 25-Oct. 31.
- 25 kokanee (no size limit) in addition to other trout species limit.
- Closed from 1 hour after sunset until 1 hour before sunrise.
- Deschutes River Arm, upstream of ODFW marker located new West South Twin boat ramp:
- Restricted to artificial flies and lures only.
- 2 trout per day from Aug. 1-Aug. 31, kokanee included in trout limit.
- Closed Sept. 1-Oct. 31.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Bend (541) 388-6363
- The Dalles (541) 296-4628
- Prineville (541) 447-5111