Northwest Zone | Southwest Zone | Willamette Zone | Central Zone | Southeast Zone | Northeast Zone | Snake Zone | Columbia Zone | Marine Zone |
Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations provide requirements for all zones. However, additional regulations may be adopted in this rule division from time to time and to the extent of any inconsistency, they supersede the printed Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations booklet.
Northwest Zone Updates
Please note: Most recent updates are shown in bold red text.
New salmon, steelhead, sturgeon endorsement
Fishing on Coffenbury Lake
Beginning Jan. 1, 2014 anglers fishing for salmon, steelhead or sturgeon in the Columbia River and its tributaries will be required to have a Columbia River Basin endorsement. See a map of the Basin and get more information.
2014 Coastal Fall Salmon Seasons
BIG CREEK: Chinook and coho salmon
- Open Sept. 17 to Dec. 31 for adipose fin-clipped coho and fall Chinook salmon with a daily bag limit of 2 adult salmon.
- Anti-snagging rules in effect from Sept. 17 to Dec. 31. These rules include:
- Except when fishing with a buoyant lure, terminal gear is restricted to an artificial fly, lure or bait with a single-point hook.
- Hooks must measure 3/4-inch or less from point to shank, and must be attached to or below the lure or bait.
- Weights may not be attached below or less than 18 inches above the lure or bait.
TRASK RIVER (Upstream of Hwy 101 Br.): chinook, coho, steelhead
- Open: From Gold Creek, at the hatchery, 200 feet upstream and 900 feet downstream, Oct. 16 to Dec. 31, 2014.
- Daily bag limit is two salmon or steelhead, in any combination. Chinook may be clipped or unclipped: all steelhead and coho must be clipped.
- Other regulations listed on page 35 of the 2014 Sport Fishing Regulations still apply.
For more information contact your local ODFW office:
- Tillamook (503) 842-2741
- Newport (541) 867-4741