Goose Permit testing is required for all goose hunters during regular goose season in the Northwest Oregon Permit Zone.
- If you already have a valid NW Oregon Goose Permit you do not need to re-take this test.
- A permit is not needed to hunt during any Special September Canada Goose Season.
- Hunters who had valid permits at the end of 2015/2016 season can obtain their 2016/17 permit after July 1, 2016.
- It is important that the person who will be using the permit is the only person taking the test. The test is intended to ensure that hunters are properly educated about the birds they will be hunting so they can avoid inadvertently violating hunting regulations which could potentially result in game violation citations and jeopardize goose hunting in NW Oregon.
- If you have a hunting or fishing license from the current or previous year, please have it available to you before starting the test. You must provide your hunter/angler id number from your license before your permit can be issued.
- If you have never had a number assigned to you by purchasing an Oregon hunting or fishing license, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 947-6101. When emailing, please include your full name, gender, date of birth, resident and mailing address, telephone number and note if you are a resident or nonresident.
The test is available online and takes about 30 minutes to complete. Once you begin the test, you will need to finish during a single session. You cannot save your results and restart later. (Note: there are multiple tests available – if you stop and restart a test, you may be given a different test.)
After submitting your test, results will be shown immediately to you. If you pass the exam, you may obtain your permit from any POS agent three days after passing your test. The NW Goose Permit and Harvest card will not be mailed to you.
You may take the test up to three times per season. To pass the exam you must score 80% or higher. Individual test scores will not be made available. CONTACT INFORMATION: Randi Lisle 503-947-6315