The canvasback bag limit has been increased to 2 per day within the overall bag limit for ducks.
The white goose (snow and Ross’s) bag limit has been increased to 6 per day in the NW Permit goose zone.
Significant changes have occurred to the NW Permit and NW General Goose Seasons including:
See the 2015-16 Oregon Game Bird Regulations for specific information.
- The season for Dusky Canada geese has been closed. It is a wildlife violation to shoot a Dusky Canada goose.
- There is no quota for Dusky Canada geese, since no harvest is allowed.
- There are no longer goose check stations.
- Northwest Oregon Goose Permits are still required but harvest cards are not required.
- The former Northwest General Goose Zone has been combined with the Northwest Permit Zone.
- Legal shooting hours for geese in the Northwest Permit Zone have been changed to 15 minutes after sunrise to 15 minutes before sunset (see shooting hours table in regulations).
- All days of the week (during the open NW Permit season) are open to goose hunting.
- Geese must be intact and fully feathered in the field and while in transit to the place of permanent residence of the possessor.