Buy a Habitat Conservation Stamp: Support Wildlife
Buy a stamp to benefit conservation of Oregon’s native species and habitats. Stamps cost $40 and include a free ODFW Wildlife Area Parking Pass (a $22 value). Proceeds will be used for restoration of the native habitats that are home to the state’s fish and wildlife.
The Habitat Conservation Stamp is available for purchase at ODFW license sales agents and ODFW offices that sell licenses or online.
When you file your Oregon state tax return this year, please make a donation―even a small one will help―because your donation allows ODFW to obtain matching federal funds. In other words, each of your dollars can bring more dollars to the program.
It is easy to donate: When filling out Oregon State tax Form 40, write Charity Code # 19 in box # 68a or 69a and put the amount you wish to donate in Box 68b or 69b.
Donate to the Nongame Wildlife Fund, which helps ODFW biologists conserve the state’s wildlife and their habitats. The Fund, established by the Oregon State Legislature, fuels the conservation of the 88 percent of Oregon's wildlife that are not hunted, trapped or fished. Donate through Oregon State Tax Form 40, or send your tax-deductible donations to: Oregon Nongame Wildlife Fund, Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, 4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, Salem, Oregon 97302.
Since its inception, taxpayer donations to the Nongame Wildlife Fund have helped to:
- bring back the American peregrine falcon, bald eagle, and western snowy plover from the brink of extinction;
- develop conservation programs for a number of sensitive species including the western pond turtle, Willamette Valley grassland birds, the yellow legged frog, the Townsend's big-eared bat, and the white-headed woodpecker;
- improve wildlife habitats on both private and public lands;
- work in partnership with conservation groups to eliminate harmful invasive species which threaten wildlife habitats and adversely affect the economy;
- educate students and adults about the importance of wildlife conservation;
- implement strategic plans to determine the status of various species and establish priorities for programs; and,
- provide opportunities to watch, photograph, study and appreciate wildlife in their natural setting.
If you would like to help Oregon's fish, wildlife, and their habitats, please donate $1, $5, $10, $25, $50, $100 or more to the Oregon Nongame Wildlife Fund. Your commitment will leave a valuable legacy for future generations―the ultimate return on your investment.
ODFW Habitat Conservation Stamps are available for purchase. Adopted by the 2011 Oregon State Legislature, the Habitat Conservation Stamp allows Oregonians to purchase an annual stamp to benefit conservation of Oregon’s native species and habitats. Stamps sell for $40 a year and include a free ODFW Wildlife Area Parking Pass (a $22 value). Revenue is used for restoration of the native habitats that are home to the state’s fish and wildlife.
Buy an ODFW Habitat Conservation Stamp Online
The Habitat Conservation Stamp allows Oregonians to purchase an annual stamp to benefit conservation of Oregon’s native species and habitats. Stamps sell for $40 a year and include a free ODFW Wildlife Area Parking Pass (a $22 value).
- To buy a Habitat Conservation Stamp, sign in on the Buy Now page. If you have never had a fishing or hunting license, select "New Customer" from the drop-down box.
- Click "Buy a Document," fill in form and proceed to "General" tab where you will find the Habitat Conservation Stamp.
- You will be mailed a collector stamp and car window decal. Stamps will not be available until June 2012.
- Your annual ODFW Wildlife Area Parking Permit will be mailed to you within 10 days.
The Habitat Conservation Stamp is also available for purchase at ODFW license sales agents and ODFW offices that sell licenses.
Thank you. Together we can make a difference.