The Oregon Conservation and Recreation Advisory Committee is pleased to announce an upcoming opportunity for funding for conservation and recreation projects in 2023.
- The Winter 2023 Request for Proposals is a two-part application processes - an online questionnaire and emailed written project proposal.
- Grant applications accepted for approximately 60 days.
- The maximum allowable grant request per institution and/or organization will be $50,000.
- Any public or private non-profit organization may request funds. Private non-profit organizations must have tax-exempt status under the IRS Code Section 501(c)(3).
- A newly required cap on institutional/organizational indirect overhead rates at 20% of the requested project budget.
- Updated project insurance guidelines.
This application period opened January 30th, 2023, and will remain open until March 27th 2023. Please make sure you complete both parts of the Winter 2023 funding application before 11:59pm on March 27th, 2023.
The Oregon Conservation and Recreation Fund (OCRF) encourages the submission of all project proposals that meet the Funds larger missions and aims (as defined within the Program's Expenditure Framework). However, projects that have a clear nexus with drought, wildfires, and aquatic resilience will be prioritized for funding in the Winter 2023 Request for Proposals. The OCRF Advisory Committee encourages all applicants to explain how/if their project relates to "water" and how their proposed projects may address State needs for planning, research, education, and actions around drought, wildfires, and aquatic resilience.