Letter to Hunters
Oregon’s Access and Habitat Program (A&H) is an incentive based program aimed at improving wildlife habitat and public hunting access on private and public land. The A&H program has been successful in developing numerous relationships with private landowners who allow public hunting access free of charge on their property. Enclosed is information detailing the type, location, and regulations for A&H cooperator properties.
When accessing these areas, remember that you are a guest on private land. Access to this private land is a privilege. This privilege will remain in the future if hunters follow the following regulations:
- Respect the property and landowner
- Hunt safely and ethically
- Know and obey the area regulations and laws
- Leave gates as you found them
- Use motorized vehicles wisely
- Do not enter posted safety zones
- Report any unlawful activities
- Do not trespass on surrounding private land
- Abuse It and You Will Lose It!
If you witness a wildlife violation contact the 24 hour T.I.P. (Turn In Poachers) Hotline: 1-800-452-7888.
ODFW and the A&H Board welcome your feedback on your experiences gaining access to and hunting on A&H
project areas. Please do not hesitate to contact ODFW’s A&H Program Coordinator – Isaac Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org,
4034 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE, Salem, OR
97302, (503) 947-6087.
Thank you for respecting private land hunting opportunities and good luck this season!
Isaac Sanders – A&H Program Coordinator