The Oregon Seal Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife  
 » ODFW Home    » ODFW News Releases
About Us Fishing Hunting Viewing License/Regs Conservation Living With Wildlife Education
News Releases

Public invited to comment on Boardman Creek fish passage exemption

November 26, 2012

SALEM, Ore. – The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife seeks public comment on a proposal to exempt from fish passage requirements a culvert extension project on Boardman Creek in Clackamas County.

The Oregon Department of Transportation has proposed extending an existing culvert that carries Boardman Creek, a tributary of the Willamette River, under Highway 99 in Milwaukee. The proposed action has triggered Oregon’s fish passage laws.

According to Greg Apke, ODFW Fish Passage Program coordinator, ODFW may grant an exemption if there is no appreciable benefit to fish from providing passage.

“ODFW staff is recommending granting the exemption,” Apke said. However, the agency continues to solicit public comments that it can consider before making the final decision, he added.

Members of the public will have until Dec. 17, 2012 to submit written comments on the proposed plan. Details on the ODOT fish passage exemption request and the ODFW net benefit analysis can be found on the ODFW fish passage website @ ODFW Fish Passage Requirements.

Members of the public can send written comments to or request additional information from Greg Apke, ODFW Fish Passage Program Coordinator, 3406 NE Cherry Ave. NE, Salem, OR 97303, e-mail,, or by calling (503) 947-6228.


Greg Apke (503) 947-6228

facebook twitter youtube rss feed

About Us | Fishing | Crabbing & Clamming | Big Game Hunting | Game Bird Hunting | Wildlife Viewing | License / Regs | Conservation | Living with Wildlife | Education | Workday Login

ODFW Home | Driving Directions | Employee Directory | Social Media | | File Formats | Employee Webmail | ODFW License Agents | Accessibility

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE   ::   Salem, OR 97302   ::    Main Phone (503) 947-6000 or (800) 720-ODFW [6339]

Do you have a question or comment for ODFW? Contact ODFW's Public Service Representative at:
Share your opinion or comments on a Fish and Wildlife Commission issue at:
Do you need this information in an alternative format or language? Contact 503-947-6000 or click here.

   © ODFW. All rights reserved. This page was last updated: 11/26/2012 4:08 PM