The Oregon Seal Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife  
 » ODFW Home    » ODFW News Releases
About Us Fishing Hunting Viewing License/Regs Conservation Living With Wildlife Education
News Releases

ODFW seeks applicants for Northeast Regional Council Positions

March 26, 2021

SALEM, Ore. – ODFW is looking for volunteers to serve on the Access & Habitat North East Regional Council.

Applications are being accepted for the position of chairman and landowner representative until April 25, 2021. To apply, complete the Regional Council application found at

Volunteers in these positions meet quarterly to consider funding projects that open private land to hunting access or improve wildlife habitat for game animals.

Applicants for the regional positions should live or work in the Northeast Region of the state that includes Union, Wallowa, Umatilla, Morrow, Gilliam, Wheeler, Grant and Baker counties (see map).

The statewide board and regional councils are each made up of seven volunteers — three landowner representatives, three hunter representatives, and the Chair. Duties of the position including participation in up to four public meetings each year in various communities in their region to review A&H project proposals and conduct other council business. Contact the Regional Council Coordinator for more information.

The A&H Program is funded by a $4 surcharge on hunting licenses and the sale of deer and elk raffle entries and auction tags. The program has opened millions of acres of private land to hunting, find A&H properties available to hunt at



Travis Schultz, 503-947-6087,

facebook twitter youtube rss feed

About Us | Fishing | Crabbing & Clamming | Big Game Hunting | Game Bird Hunting | Wildlife Viewing | License / Regs | Conservation | Living with Wildlife | Education | Workday Login

ODFW Home | Driving Directions | Employee Directory | Social Media | | File Formats | Employee Webmail | ODFW License Agents | Accessibility

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE   ::   Salem, OR 97302   ::    Main Phone (503) 947-6000 or (800) 720-ODFW [6339]

Do you have a question or comment for ODFW? Contact ODFW's Public Service Representative at:
Share your opinion or comments on a Fish and Wildlife Commission issue at:
Do you need this information in an alternative format or language? Contact 503-947-6000 or click here.

   © ODFW. All rights reserved. This page was last updated: 04/26/2021 2:38 PM