The Oregon Seal Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife  
 » ODFW Home    » Licenses and Regulations
About Us Fishing Hunting Viewing License/Regs Conservation Living With Wildlife Education
Licenses and Regulations

Online License Sales - Fast, Easy and Secure

Predatory Animal Control Donations

The 2011 Oregon State Legislature created the Predatory Animal Control fund with the passage of HB 3636. It allows hunters to contribute to predatory animal control by making a contribution when purchasing a hunting license, tag or permit.

How can I make a donation?

Hunters can make a donation online at ODFW’s license sales site by choosing Buy a Document/General. Donations must be in one of the following amounts: $2, $5, $10, $20, $50 or $100. Hunters can also make a contribution at a license sales agent.

How is the money divided?

Any donation received will be split among counties where the license, tag or permit is valid. For example, if the donation is made with the purchase of a general hunting license, it would be evenly distributed among all Oregon counties because these licenses are valid statewide. If the donation is made with the purchase of a controlled big game tag for a particular wildlife management unit, the donation would go to the county (or counties) where that unit is based. Donations not made in association with a license, tag or permit purchase are distributed statewide to all counties. It is not possible to designate a county for a donation.

When is the money provided to counties?

ODFW will provide monies to counties on a quarterly basis, once a system to accept and divide donations among counties is in place. HB 3636 set aside up to the first $45,000 in donations for ODFW to modify its license sales system so donations can be accepted and associated with specific counties.

What predatory animals can be controlled with the funds?

More current predator control programs target cougars, black bears and coyotes. Under HB 3636, cougars, black bears, wolves, furbearers, and “predatory animals” (feral swine, coyotes, rabbits, rodents, some birds destructive to agricultural crops) can be covered by the fund “to the extent allowable under state and federal law.”


About Us | Fishing | Hunting | Wildlife Viewing | License / Regs | Conservation | Living with Wildlife | ODFW Outdoors | Workday Login

ODFW Home | Driving Directions | Employee Directory | Social Media | | File Formats | Employee Webmail | ODFW License Agents

4034 Fairview Industrial Drive SE   ::   Salem, OR 97302   ::    Main Phone (503) 947-6000 or (800) 720-ODFW [6339]

Do you have a question or comment for ODFW? Contact ODFW's Public Service Representative at:
Share your opinion or comments on a Fish and Wildlife Commission issue at

   © ODFW. All rights reserved. This page was last updated: 03/26/2019 4:23 PM